CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTRE, WESTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA
|Cape Town is fast becoming a destination of choice for international tourists visiting Southern Africa, and is the treasure of African tourism, the city that embraces all and extends an ideal home to every international and local conference, convention and exhibition. The perfect holiday destination is now the perfect business destination because of the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC).
Within walking distance of the CTICC are Cape Town's foremost entertainment facilities, shopping areas and edifying attractions, amongst which is the internationally applauded V&A Waterfront. On the doorstep is Table Mountain and within an hour's travel are South Africa's key tourist destinations - The Kirstenbosh Botanical Gardens, Robben Island, the Winelands, and Cape Point.
The state-of-the-art facilities boast two large auditoria, 33 meeting rooms holding from 25-320 guests, a grand ballroom with seating capacity of 1500 guests, three restaurants offering delectable cuisine, 10 000m⊃ of dedicated column-free exhibition space, and roof terrace room with spectacular views reminiscent of the fact that one is still in Cape Town. All of this certainly dispels the proverbial saying: "You can't mix business with pleasure."
The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) has been designed in such a way that it complies fully with the international disabled access norms to be expected from a world-class development such as this. The CTICC accommodates the best facilities possible for the disabled.
Cape Town's Central Business District and all major malls have made considerable efforts to safeguard tourists and residents against crime. Surveillance cameras monitor activities in the central business district and security guards watch over major shopping centres. Nonetheless, tourists should take the sensible precautions they would in any major city.
Within walking distance of Cape Town's major hotels, providing over 3000 rooms of three star quality and above, and including the centre's integrated 483-room 5-strar Arabella-Sheraton Grand Hotel. There are more than 15 000 rooms in hotels and guest houses in a 45-minute radius of the city centre, which has an efficient road network and good local transportation.
Positioned on Cape Town's Northern foreshore at the plinth of renowned Table Mountain, the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), a mere 20-minute drive from Cape Town International Airport, affords a flexible resource which will meet every expectation of event organizers.
Banquet Facilities and Capacities:
Click here for more information.
The two auditoria offer excellent technological infrastructure and superb acoustics with dedicated tiered seating ideal for large plenary sessions, lectures, product launches, award evenings and theatre productions. Both auditoria have writing tablets attached to the seats.
- Seats 1 500 guests or delegates
- Equipped with a large stage and screen, six translation booths, an orchestra pit and a projection room.
- Adjacent to the auditorium are VIP meeting suites and dressing rooms to accommodate speakers or theatre production cast.
- Its spacious foyer allows delegates to enjoy refreshments, register, network, or view conference-related exhibits.
- A designated exterior smoking terrace leads off the foyer of Auditorium I.
- Seats 620 delegates or guests
- Equipped with a stage, screen, six translation booths and projection room.
- This venue is ideally located off the Strelitzia conservatory which is ideal for registrations and pre-event cocktails.
- Auditorium II can also be accessed from Level 1 of the centre, which also offers ideal delegate registration space.
The magnificent 2 000m² Grand Ballroom and its full glass façade offers striking views of the vibrant city and the Table Mountain range.
- The Grand Ballroom can be divided into a 60-40 split by means of soundproof acoustically clad partitioning.
- The aesthetic design allows for natural light enhancement and motorized vertical blinds allow for blackout.
- The venue is serviced from two satellite kitchens situated on either side of the room.
- The entrance foyer provides unique views of the Cape Town harbour, the Roggebaai Canal and Convention Square.
- A Lounge and exterior smoking terrace lead off the main gallery from the Ballroom.
The CTICC's kitchen facilities are the largest and most advanced in the Western Cape, and can cater for any event with flair, responsiveness and ultimate efficiency. The kitchen is linked to seven satellite kitchens located strategically around the centre, which ensures timeous and efficient delivery of hot, fresh meals for any number of people.
The centre has two spacious, multi-functional restaurants, the Strelitzia and the Jasminum. Both are well-positioned and easily accessible from all the meeting venues and the exhibition halls, and both have conservatories which provide
overflow areas. Flooded with natural light and surrounded by indigenous flora, these two informal, highly adaptable settings are perfect for cocktail parties, light lunches or a meal on the run.
Complimenting the CTICC catering is the privately owned Marimba Restaurant serving the best the local market has to offer prepared in a retro contemporary style releasing sexy flavours. Their acclaimed Chef will create menus specific to your requirements for all functions and events.
Open six days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner enjoy the use of the Terrace, Cigar Bar and Restaurant.
The centre also has an ESP Illy Boutique, which provides light refreshments and great coffee.